Try this number for your next meatless Monday. A flavorful mouthful of zucchini and carrot topped with the creamy punch of cashew lemon and avocado.
Recipe adapted from Wholehearted Eats
2 Small Zucchinis, about 2 Cups
1 Carrot, Grated
1 Green Onion, Sliced
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats (or quinoa, or even buckwheat), ground in a Vitamix to make flour
2 Tbsp. Black Sesame Seeds
1 Rounded Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
1/8 tsp. Ground Cumin
1/8 tsp. Ground Pepper
1. Begin by grating the zucchinis. Sprinkle them with a little salt and let them drain in a colander for about 20 minutes.
2. In a bowl combine the carrot, onion, dill, sesame seeds, oat flour, and spices.
3. Squeeze the zucchini to remove extra water and add to the mix. Combine thoroughly.
4. Heat a pan to medium heat and add a splash of coconut or avocado oil. Take about 2 Tbsp. of mix and flatten in your palms making a thin pancake shape. Cook them for about 1-2 minutes per side, or until crisp and golden, adding more oil as needed.
1/2 Cup Cashews
1/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup of Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
the Zest of one Lemon
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
1. Soak the cashews overnight in fresh water. The next day, drain them and combine alongside the other ingredients (alternatively, you can use 1/2 cup prepared cashew cream). Puree until smooth. You may need to adjust for more water and seasoning. Keeps in the refrigerator for about 5 days.