Something was brewing in me. I’d been getting the urge to bake and nothing inspires me more than STRESS. And launching a website for your client will do that to you. Here is the after math:
Chocolate Malted Cookies
Recipe c/o A Cozy Kitchen
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup milk powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoons fine-grain sea salt
2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups light or dark brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolates
1 cup rice krispies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, malt powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the first egg and beat until combined; add the second egg and beat one more time until incorporated. In two batches, add the flour mixture, mixing just until there are no specks of flour. Fold in the chocolate chips and then fold in the puffed rice.
4. Using a 2-inch cookie dough scooper, drop rounds of cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2-inches apart. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies’ edges are lightly golden brown and the centers are very soft. Warning: they’ll be very fragile so be sure to let them cool on the baking sheet. Carefully transfer the cookies to a cooling rack until room temperature. As they cool they’ll have more structure, chewiness and less fragility.
For the dark chocolate chip cookies I used a Tollhouse cookie recipe which I don’t think is right for dark chocolate. Still searching for my favorite Dark Chocolate cookie recipe (other than Jaques Torres version).
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) Dark Chocolate Chips
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.